Who can get it?

Universal Credit (UC) is a benefit for people of working age. This means you must be under the age when you can make a claim for Pension Credit.

You don’t have to be out of work to get UC. You may be able to get it if you’re working, looking for work, sick or disabled, or caring for children or a disabled person. If you’re in work, you may not lose all your UC if your earnings or hours of work increase. Instead, your UC will go down as your earnings go up.

You’ll have to meet various conditions to get UC. These include accepting a claimant commitment. This is a document that says what you’ll have to do to prepare for work, find work, get better paid work, or work more hours. For example, you may have to go to interviews to help you find work or apply for jobs.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Pin on PinterestShare on LinkedInEmail this to someone